Monday, April 16, 2012

Winter Sports Holiday in L.A. (Part 1)

Who's scared of Craigslist meet-ups? NOT this couple!!! Adventures welcome, right?....wait, that sounds bad...we aren't scared to meet up with random people in LA to purchase treasures! 

I tried to surprise Alex with Kings Hockey tickets at the Staples center the other weekend. 

So I jumped on craigslist! Hot spot for hot deals and scandals. I called up a ton of random people and finally found what I thought was a great deal. So I made the deal! A couple hours later I started regretting my decision to make this a surprise. There were a couple unknowns...

1. Are these really good seats
2. Is this really as good of a deal as I think
3. Where is the best place to meet up with this stranger to get the tickets
4. Will I be murdered

Okay, so the surprise turned more into me just telling him that I got tickets....same same. And then he ended up paying for them....Its the thought that counts! Right?

So the date was set. Meet at the Starbucks in downtown LA on Thursday after work. A nice crowded place. Get 100 dollar bill. Cash only for this exchange!

This was really the first time I had gone down to the business side of LA. It was amazing!

I swear. In the Midwest, we have buildings for a purpose. Business, concert halls, stadiums! Here in LA, I think they just show off. And its working...I was so impressed!



We hit the 'exchange'. Starbucks had a couple cops in it so Alex says, "Oh good, cops just showed up in case the transaction goes bad." haha It didn't. Our mystery man was actually a tiny Asian woman who hardly spoke English and was way more intimidated by us than the other way around. 

So while in downtown LA, we decided to do dinner at this brewery that is outdoors and they have a garden on the 4th floor of the Westin Hotel. YEP! I'm there!
 
The Bonaventure Brewing Company


We looked like tourists that night. Its like 60 degrees out and breezy and I was determined to sit outside! haha That coat Alex has on was claimed as mine moments later. :) I can't seem to grasp that I can't where Sunny Day clothes everyday in California....whatev!

Saturday we did a little shopping at one of Alex's favorite places
He needed some gloves for our Sunday plans!...

We got some dinner at a SUPER new original place that is Auzzie themed and serves yummy steak.
Okay, fine. its just Outback. But you know you love it too! Plus, we had to eat and go...

 it was GAME NIGHT!!! (And St. Patty's Day!)
First goal was scored by Alex's favorite player, Anze Kopitar!!! From Slovenia! Very handsome :) 

The game was extra cool because the opposing team, the Nashville Predators, has a lot of players from their minor league affiliate in Milwaukee that Alex grew up watching and cheering for!

The Kings played a great game!!! We had awesome seats. 
 Good times!

Well we had to go home and rest up because Sunday was going to be a big day!!!
We had plans to go up to Big Bear Mountain to go snowboarding with a bunch of friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment