Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Little Outdoors for Everyone

Weekends are well planned around here. The weekdays are usually late nights at work, a quick dinner at home, 30 minutes spent with a DVRed Tosh.O, and then its bedtime. So when the weekends come, Alex and I are always ready for some outdoor fun. Saturday morning, Alex found this hiking trail that was less than 2 miles from our house. So, why not!? Lets go check it out!

It was a gorgeous day!

All the way up the mountain, it seemed like we had the trail to ourselves. It was a nice steep hike so we got a little work out in and also got to take in the views and hang out together. 

I think one of Alex's favorite parts was all the lizards we saw. Every time there was a rustling of the grass, I jumped away and Alex jumped toward it! 

"Gross"....I said that a lot during our hike. I TRY to be a cool out doors chick. But in reality, I like clean things; things that smell good; grass that is 2 inches high that no LIZARDS hide in!

But I'm doing better....

I DO love the hikes we have taken so far. As long as I don't encounter any snakes and don't have to go to the bathroom outside, I'm IN!

Oh and as long as Alex leads the way utilizing the 'spider-web knocking down' stick as well as his intimidating aviators to scare away the 'vermon'.

As we climbed, we stopped along the way to check out plants we had never seen before and take in the scenery. 

We got a kick out of the name of this one...

And before I knew it, I was taking the lead and over my "Gross" fears! I'm not totally 'outdoorsy' yet but I'm sure Alex will help me with the trails that he has planned this year all over California. :) 

Even Sunny got some outdoor breeze that weekend. This is his new favorite spot in the house...The lower window open in the, what Alex dubbed, The Breakfast Nook.

On Sunday, Alex took me down to LA Live!. Its an area of downtown that kinda reminds me of KC Power and Light in Kansas. But at this downtown area, the HUNGER GAMES premiered!!! We went the day before and everyone was literally camped out for the excitement. 


Now Zoom in!
 So we peaked over by 'The Hob' to see if we could see any celebs. Problem is, there's no big names in the movie really. So until we saw it, I wouldn't be able to pick these people out. But now looking back at the pictures, if you look closely under the umbrella.....Cato!!!! And its not done there!!...if you look right under the G of Games...behind the black hair...YEP!!! Its none other than ...Katniss!!!!


For the next 5 days or so, these two are basically A-List celebs!!! I don't care if its temporary....I'm counting it! A-list celebs are ON the list!

Celeb Siting #2!!!!
Alexander Ludwig - Cato!
Well, I have to say that is one attractive Career Tribute! :)

Celeb Siting #3
Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss!
(I think she looks better in braids in a more natural look. Cinna and I obviously agree that makeup on this girl just doesn't look right.)

So after the celeb watch, the rest of the afternoon, we walked around downtown, caught a beer at the Yard House, and added to our LA to-do list. One of these is the Grammy Museum. I might have to save this for when Abby comes to town the first weekend in May!!!
I mean, if my girls Sofia Grace & Rosie went, its got to be AWESOME!!!


Yep! Downtown LA is my favorite place in Cali so far. Love it! We MUST attend a Kings game at the Staples Center!

So lots more to come of downtown LA! :) I mean, if they paint the sides of 3 whole buildings for just a movie advertisement, this place has got to change fast...and I don't want to miss anything!
 (The Dictator)

Talk to you all later!

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates! I can't get enough! Another random thing I love - In the zoomed in hunger games picture the spectator is wearing a NKOTBSB concert shirt! LOVE IT! I feel like I really want to be her friend. Hunger game premier, NKOTB concerts, what does this girl not do?!?!? Please find her and give her my number, I think we would have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete