Monday, May 14, 2012

First Impressions

Is this real life? It just got real. My world's collided,.... in a good way. My sister visited! Alex's family visited before I moved to LA. But since we have been here together, this is my first visitor from "the real world." 

So I took a half day Friday and picked up Abby at LAX. We headed straight for downtown Los Angeles to see LA at its.....finest?? All the districts of LA have beautiful names.

The Toy District

Little Tokyo District

Flower District

Looks so nice when you show it from the google image pics...in reality
it looks more like this....hahaha

Not really but Abby said SKETCH about 20 times. HAHA

So after I showed her the real downtown, I took her to LA Live! where there are cool stores, restaurants, and bars. We had dinner at the Yard House. Abby talked about her "Steak on a Bun" for a half a day. I took her all over the city and the first thing she told Alex, when he got off work, was 'I had a STEAK on a BUN!" haha 

The next day, it was time to head to the beach! 

Uncle Spooler, we finally went to the Balboa Island Homes Tour!!!

This is Mark McGuire's Newport Beach Home. His boat's name is Mac Attack.

The boat ride was so fun. We saw where the owner of yahoo lives, Vana White's home, George Clooney's place, and Justin Bieber's brand new Newport place!


Then it was off to the beach to be sun vegetables :) .....In matching dresses! (my idea...Abby LOOOVED it....NOT)



This is the first time Abby stepped foot in the Pacific Ocean :)


The next day we went to Venice Beach. It was definitely Abby's favorite thing in LA.

Abby and I couldn't get enough of all the weird  people....Alex not so much.  

Here in Cali, you can walk up holding your back or head and "The Green Doctors" hook you up with a "prescription" for the newest legal drug in Cali. Abby thought this was AWESOME!!!

We watched Street shows and got to view some of LA's political beliefs

And even saw a two headed turtle!


The whole beach is full of crazies. But Abby fit right in.

Good times in Venice. Then it was off to Hollywood!!!! But that is for the next post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment