Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Food Filled Fun - Post by Alex AND Amy

[Alex wrote some of the blog post this time :) ]

Real Valentine's Day was spent working long hours and hearing about Amy and Sunny move from KC. So, I decided to have a nice Valentine's Day dinner the Saturday after Amy got here. I wanted to take her downtown. I didn't tell her where we were going until we pulled into the parking lot of Ruth's Chris Steak House.


Since we had a reservation for two, we were sat in these huge private booths in the middle of the restaurant. 

We started off by ordering two very up-class glasses of wine that were recommended by the waiter. We ordered the Ruth Chris classic entree meal. It came with a salad, entree, family side, and a desert. They cook their steaks in a 1000 degree broiler. All they do to the meat is salt&pepper it to cook, and then garnish it with some melted butter and parsley on top. The highlights of the meal were OBVIOUSLY the steak for me. Amy really liked her pear and spinach salad with toasted walnuts in a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. All in all, it was one of the best meals that I've ever had. It was a great night.

 [ Alex has been working really late hours so I'm going to help him finish the post. :) ] 

Well Ruth's Chris was amazing. I told the waiter that it was the best steak that I had ever had and I really think it made his day. We had a bit of a language barrier but between the accents, I caught what he was getting at. ;)

We had a great time there. Talking about our year to come and what a great experience our California year would be!

So to cap off our weekend of delicious treats, Alex and Grear decided to check out one of the locally recommended spots. They kept hearing of this place called The Hat. So we took a Sunday drive and checked it out.
World Famous Pastrami sandwiches ....apparently...
And they were!!!!! 
 oh and I almost forgot to mention the fries with gravy on them...Yeah, it was a really healthy meal.
OMG they were huge!
The boys really like the sandwiches...so much that they had to finish 1/2 of me and Hannah's!! (Hannah is Grear's girlfriend)

All in all, a great weekend for FOOD and checking out the city. :)

Lots more fun weekends ahead. And no matter how many we have, I'll never get used to walking out of a fast food resturant and seeing mountains in the background. Unbelievable! 

We have a couple weekends to catch you all up on. So stay tuned this week. :)

1 comment: