Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Visiting Home, I mean L.A., ....Whatever

Everyday, the count down is getting shorter for my move to L.A. Alex has been living there since Thanksgiving but I have stayed back in Kansas City finishing up some work stuff back there. Well the count down has begun. I officially get on a ONE-WAY flight to California on Thursday the 16th.

So before the big move, one last trip to see Alex as a VISITOR is the Los Angeles area! I flew in Friday night and Alex picked me up in Orange County. We checked out a delishious mexican resturant in Santa Ana while we were there.

This place was really cool. Authentic (or what I think of as authentic), good music, fire pits outside, really fresh tasting, and really enjoyable atmosphere. Very cute. We were comparing it to our favorite KC mexican resturant, Mi Ranchito. I don't think Alex is ready to break ties yet to our fav KC spot but this was PRETTY close!
On Saturday we checked out this new place Alex and a friend found called Waba Grill Teriyaki House.

Their menu is all about protein, rice, and teriyaki sauce. What's not to love?! It is delish and healthy. We loved it!

Then it was back to the house for swimsuits!! We went out to Santa Monica Beach. What a great day!! It was gorgeous outside....Do I even need to say that? I mean, it seems like no matter when I visit, its gorgeous. I bet the weather men there are so bored!! "Well, residents of Los Angeles, looks like we have another Sunny and 80 degree day. Enjoy it."

Parking down at Santa Monica was pretty intense. Then we found the best spot ever. 5 ft from sand. We really lucked out. So we hit the beach! First stop, Santa Monica's muscle beach.
There were some odd birds out on Saturday. I guess thats basically everyday there though. Everything from climbing ropes, to weird fake fighting, to people lifting other people in the air, 8 guys running and doing flips off structures in the park....It was an eye full. :)

We walked through muscle beach and hit the beach. Now THIS is the perfect Saturday! I can handle the beach scene for sure! We layed out a beach blanket and just vegged out in the sun.


Alex carried our covert cooler. We weren't really sure if drinks were allowed but we just did what we wanted. Out of all the crazys that were on the beach that day, I doubt WE were drawing any attention. :)
You can see the Santa Monica Pier in the background which was our next stop. It was packed on a Saturday but it was fun to look around and see all that the pier had to offer. Carnival food, rides, art booths, and of course....crazys! :) Gotta love it!

The sun realy took it out of us! Or it could have been the traffic on the way home. Either way, we were BEAT! We went out to dinner with our friend Grear to a sushi place that was good but nothing impressive. Definitely not worth a blog shout out.

Sunday was go-home-day. We chilled at Grear and Alex's apartment, talked and hung out. Then went to IHOP for some brunch/breakfast. How can you go wrong there?! haha. Oh and we watch some TV favorites of the Grear/Alex household. Gold Rush and Bearing Sea Gold. These boys LOOOOVE these shows.
So funny but I think I'm hooked too! They made 75,000 in one day! So interesting! :)

Then it was off to the airport. Funny thing is that last week my boss decided to send me to the job a week early to give a training. So I left on Sunday and will be back Wed night. Not sure WHEN I'm going to get my house ready for the move. As Alex always says, 'it will all work out.' :) And he's right. It always does.

This is slightly...okay, totally unrelated to the post however I have to leave you with a flirty wink from my nephew Ethan. It sure does make my day better when I see that cute little face! Hope it works for you too! :) Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment